June 29, 2009

In my Bag (and on my computer)

I thought I'd show you what I'm working with:

Camera:

Canon 5D

Canon Rebel Xsi
The Rebel is my backup camera body. I actually got a great deal on this camera with two lenses plus travel bag from Costco. If you are just starting out, I would definitely recommend the Canon Rebel line.

Immediately upon getting my camera, I ordered The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion by Ben Long. It is SO much more informative than the manual and covers a much broader scope of topics in addition to just the technical. I would highly recommend this guide.

Flash:

Canon Speedlite 580ex II

Lenses:

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L


Canon EF 50mm f/1.4

Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
This is the kit lens that typically comes with the Xsi body.

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6
This is the other lens, a more powerful zoom, that came with my Costco purchase.

Software:

Photoshop CS4
Photoshop is such a powerful tool. I am working my way through the chapters of Scott Kelby's The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers and learning a little bit more about its capabilities each day. If you are a student or have one in your household, you can get a serious discount on photoshop here: Academic Superstore

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP