March 13, 2010

Avanti & Bill ~ Engaged!

I met up with Avanti and Bill this past Sunday for an engagement session in Beacon Hill. It was a gorgeous day for the beginning of March and you could really feel spring in the air. Bill is a friend of Marc's from Northeastern. He and Avanti live in New York currently but they wanted to shoot in Beacon Hill, which is where they were living when they got engaged.

We met up in Quincy and took the red line into the city. When Bill suggested this plan I was so excited... train blur shot! The first train that came in to the station was going so slow that it barely blurred. I was bummed and decreased my shutter speed even more for the next one. The next one came in so fast that it blurred wonderfully but created a wind tunnel and blew poor Avanti's hair all over the place. Hmmm.

This was the best of the bunch but I must confess I helped it a bit in Photoshop...
AvantiBill-15

Red line engagement photos 1

20100308-IMG_3652

Collage 4

At Bill's request, we spent some time trying to recreate a certain iconic album cover... any guesses?

20100308-IMG_3709

Collage 3

Avanti requested some 70's style processing and I thought this photo was an appropriate choice...
Beacon Hill 70s

AvantiBill-49

Collage 5

At the end of our session, Bill and Avanti treated me to brunch at the Oak Room.
AvantiBill-4

This was one of my favorite parts of the day and not just because I had the most delicious Fairmont benedict on my plate. A lot of the time, my favorite photos tend to come from the end of an engagement session. While I always try to help people feel comfortable in front of the camera, most really start to relax at the end! You start getting things like this series where Avanti is trying to "fix" Bill's smile... I love it!
Oak room engagement session collage

Cheers!
Oak room bar

AvantiBill-2

3 comments:

Unknown March 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

These are gorgeous, love the lighting in the restaurant- so pretty!
-Lynn

Eileen March 22, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

Melissa! these pics are awesome-i love the street pic, the 70's style pic and the restaraunt pics! Great job!

Melissa March 22, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

Eileen, thank you so much!

Post a Comment

I love comments!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP