February 14, 2010

MediaVue Product Shoot

I was very flattered when my friend Erik asked me to take some product photos for his company's website launch. His company, MediaVue Systems, designs and builds player PCs for the digital signage industry.
Mediavue banner

To tell you the truth I was a bit intimidated by this shoot. I am used to photographing people in mostly natural light. I typically look for emotions first with lighting a very close second. Photographing computers couldn't be more different! Lighting is paramount and emotions not so much : )

Mediavue product detail

I do not have studio lighting (just a speedlite), so it took some experimenting to get even lighting with minimal glare. We ended up building a very primitive lightbox out of white posterboard. It didn't look pretty but it got the job done!

Mediavue product shot

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP