November 4, 2009

Miscellaneous updates

October has been super busy. Between my personal life and working full-time (or more than full-time, in my case) I am frustrated that I am not making enough progress with my photography. However, I have made a few exciting updates recently (some more recent than others) and I thought I would share!

---
I ordered some business cards and here they are:
20091105_0071

The colors somewhat match my blog header and I think the they are so pretty. I love that the paisley pattern is on the back too!

While I was filling out the text fields to create the business cards, I decided to upgrade my web address to something slightly more professional. So I am now the proud owner of www.melissadeschamp.com. You will find my blog at that address effective immediately but the .blogspot.com address still works also.

---
I've also been giving Amazon.com/B&H quite a lot of business lately. I knew that I would need a good flash to shoot Jenica & Spencer's wedding reception so I got a 580ex II as an early birthday present from Marc. I may have also upgraded my 50mm f/1.8 to the f/1.4. Yum!

Finally, I knew that eventually I would need to buy another camera in order to continue working toward my goals. There is no way that I would ever accept responsibility for documenting an important event without having a back up. Also, if I intend to put myself out there as a semi-professional, there is no question that I need to have professional level equipment. This is a huge leap for a risk-averse girl like myself but in a fit of compulsive shopping, I ordered myself a Canon 5D : )

Hey Big Boy!
5D_20091104_0009

Here it is next to my Rebel:
5D_20091103_0016

Now I just need to practice practice practice so that I can get comfortable using it!

I made the decision NOT to get the Mark II because I also need to afford lenses at some point... bleh. It's funny to me that I used to flip through the Pottery Barn or J. Crew catalogs and compile my mental wishlist. Now I do the same thing with photography equipment... Marc saw the B&H Photo catalog in the mailbox yesterday and immediately threw it in the trash. HAH!

Coming up soon on the blog... a fall session with baby Jake and several engagement sessions!

3 comments:

Kat November 4, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

As usual, keep it up lady! Love the progress...

Molly November 6, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Melissa... I am so excited with all of your changes!!! Like legit your doing awesome and have made huge strides in the last two months!!!

Leah Haydock January 22, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Congratulations on the new camera. B&H are also getting rich from me too. Call me if you ever feel like a coffee :)

Post a Comment

I love comments!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP