July 8, 2009

3rd of July festivities

Hough's Neck is a pretty fantastic place to be on the 3rd of July. There are block parties, bonfires and fireworks all within a few minutes walk of our house.

This is the "before pic" of what will later become the bonfire:
Bonfire "before pic"

Top o the pile

Bonfire landscape

I tried to capture some patriotic details around the neighborhood:
Patriotic 2

Patriotic 1
Yes, I pulled over at the cemetery because I thought the flags would make pretty bokeh. Unfortunately (or fortunately!), my friends called to be picked up from the T station just as I was getting started. Oh well...

We barbecued and played bag toss all evening. I got Marc this fancy custom set as a graduation gift:
Cornhole 3

Picking weeds
Marc has a slight obsession with picking the weeds out of our new lawn. Good luck with that hunny!

Cornhole 2

Cornhole 1

Finally the fireworks! We could see the Weymouth fireworks from across the bay and the bonfire was blazing on Edgewater beach:
Fireworks and bonfire

I read up a little on taking pictures of fireworks but it didn't help much. This next picture is what you get with a handheld 30 second shutter speed (haha). Next year, I will most definitely be using a tripod (nerd alert!).
Need tripod

I finally started getting some decent pictures when the amateur fireworks began going off over my head:
Fireworks 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP