August 18, 2009

In business

Yesterday, I had my first PAID photography gig. YAY! I responded to a craigslist ad for a photography assistant and to my great surprise and excitement, I got the job! I assisted Karl Baierlein with lighting for a senior portrait shoot on Hingham Harbor. I did not shoot but I had fun and learned quite a bit about lighting. Thanks Karl!

So I will be pinning my $20 (cha-ching! haha) over my computer to commemorate the occasion, restaurant-style...

After the shoot, Karl approached a group of kids barbecuing in the parking lot and asked if we could photograph them with their VW bus. A few of my favorites are below. I took this opportunity to play with some of Pioneer Woman's Photoshop actions. She just posted updated sets that are compatible with CS4!

I thought the "seventies" action was particularly fitting on these next 3:
VW Bus 1

Seventies

VW Bus 2

This one uses "PWs B & W":
Charcoal grill

The girls

And I liked what the "fresh & colorful" action did for this one:
Carseat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP